What Business Virtues Are Most Supportive of Peace

Greerings Everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Business For Peace Foundation holds a conference on the topic of our conference next Thursday in Oslo, Norway. One of the awards to be given is one that recongizes individual business people whose work exemplifies and supports peace building. At the request of one of the conference organizers, I agreed that I would ask this audience’s views as to what individual, personal characteristics - practiced in business - do you think are the most conducive and supportive of peace.

I know the views of this audience are of significant interest to the Business For Peace Foundation and their continuing efforts to refine and to develop their own work on this issue.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Tim Fort

I my opinion the biggest problem we have to deal with is choosing the right thoughts, if we can do that we will be on the way to achieving inner peace.
Marcus Aurelius, the great philosopher who ruled the Roman Empire summed it up in eight words. These eight words of wisdom can determine our destiny. “Our life is what our thoughts make it!” If we think miserable thoughts we will be miserable. If we think happy and cheerful thoughts we will be happy and cheerful.
There is lot of wisdom in the saying that letting go of the old mental patterns that no longer serve us is a sure way to achieving inner balance that would help our personal character and business success. When we clear out the old patterns we make space for ourselves to grow and so too would our business grow.

In my opinion the biggest problem we have to deal with is choosing the right thoughts, if we can do that we will be on the way to achieving inner peace.
Marcus Aurelius, the great philosopher who ruled the Roman Empire summed it up in eight words. These eight words of wisdom can determine our destiny. “Our life is what our thoughts make it!” If we think miserable thoughts we will be miserable. If we think happy and cheerful thoughts we will be happy and cheerful.
There is lot of wisdom in the saying that letting go of the old mental patterns that no longer serve us is a sure way to achieving inner balance that would help our personal character and business success. When we clear out the old patterns we make space for ourselves to grow and so too would our business grow.
ATEMNKENG ATEM KINGSLY

I think media business, which am close to can play agreat role in peace by giving equal chance for evryone to express their views and moderating different opinions. It can easily aviod missunderstanding, which is the major cause for disturbing peace.

thanks!
Andualem Sisay

Hello Dear Friends in the forum,
Good morning to you ! Its early part of Saturday ,here in Kenya,the time is 11 am.Thanks for the noble ideas and who organised is not a simple or common mind but leveled with humanity at heart.

This is my story and my song. Anyone can dance if you heard me and let us laugh. First, things will never,ever be the same in Kenya.Why,UN,OBAMA,ANNAN,ANGELA JOLIE,MADONNA,OPHRAH has left a mark among the normal expectations of the Society and houses on the planet.Why, I began the race so as we meet with anyone who was on the memories to restore order where democracy had given up and funds added gases of sorrow both to the foreigners and natives die daily.Who is the customer of the investments of life,shops and business anyway? It gave me a rough time,now you know of peace shall come when forces and unique pattern see common hope.I have written a book,teaching communities and calling for oneness to join the battle and we can richly.

That is why,poems and narratives have been our way of innovation of art and we need great partners to invest and save the losses already at large inside Kenya,my dear land and country I love and owe so much.

Thanks brothers and sisters under the scholars and professional umbrella we can too believe and act now.

Olá, acredito que a formação de interesse de cada individuo seja o melhor, ou seja uma formação conjunta entre o empresário e o governo social local - voltados para o empreendedorismo e crescimento interno das empresas onde os empregados participem dos benefícios dos lucros.