We have received from NUTRESA the following answers to the second and third question:
2. How can business most effectively engage in the SDGs, and how can the UN most effectively engage with business?
* Promoting spaces where sharing knowledge, successful experiences, and learnings between the UN and businesses could be developed.
* Aligning corporate performance with UN principles and initiatives, supported on tools given by the UN and applicable to private sector. (i.e.: Compass 2025)
* Bringing the SDG “down to earth”. This means adjusting any global goal to corporate conditions in order to become achievable and measurable for companies.
* Creating collaboration networks between companies and the UN, and strengthening the regional offices so they can give a better support to private sector (i.e. Global Compact regional networks, etc).
3. What should the priorities for action be in 2016 to strengthen UN-business partnerships?
*Disclosing relevant information and developing trainings to companies so they can know how to tackle the SDG.
*Find connections, and then, foster tools that are massively and actually used by companies as a bridge of implementation of SDGs (for example through GRI, Integrated Reporting, etc). Doing so, private sector could easily incorporate SDG into its activities and decision processes.