What can social intrapreneurs learn from social entrepreneurs?

I think social entrepreneurs can inspire those working within large organizations to continue to be innovative thinkers. Just because you work within a large organization doesn't mean that the spirit and nimbleness of a small #socent start up can't persist.

Furthermore, intrapreneurs are, in fact, be social entrepreneurs. They both have the same spirit, just different positions. Though it may be easier for a small social enterprise to be more nimble, it's important to note that larger organizations have more resources and pull that allow an intrepreneur to, potentially, be more effective. I think it's important to also ask, what can social entrepreneurs learn from intrepreneurs.

Im in the middle of a great book by Alex Ries called the "Lean Startup" find out more here - theleanstartup.com
In the book he discusses how the same mentality, methodology and approach can and should apply to entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs.

In their essence they are trying to achieve the same thing (start a new idea) although the environment and sometimes resources at hand might differ. If an intrapreneur took the same approach as most entrepreneurs do they can save their organisation time and money and help build a more dynamic working environment which is more geared for success.

Its a really great read for any entrepreneur / intrapreneur!

Strangely enough I am looking at this from a different perspective: as a social intrepreneur turned social entrepreneur.

I found that an idea which I had generated and implemented worked so beautifully within the organisation I was working for, the value of it should be explored outside the firm as well - which I am now in the process of doing.

Initially I noticed that I was trying to apply and 'make fit' the exact service developed for my previous employer - I have since spent time revisiting the core of the service, speaking to new stakeholders about how to increase the value of the idea to them.

I think my learning point is when implementing a new idea or a current one in a new setting, revisit the stakeholders, their pressures and requirements and don't be afraid to adjust your offering to suit.