Join us for this live written discussion with a panel of experts to explore how businesses encourage and support social innovation in their organisations, and the benefits of doing so.
Thursday 13 April, 10am to 11am EDT / 3pm to 4 pm BST
For some businesses wishing to increase the social value they deliver requires innovation. It could be about innovating new products or services, opening up new markets or changing an existing practice or process. Managing change can be challenging. Maximising social and commercial outcomes simultaneously adds complexity. Social enterprises, as a distinct commercial model have been around since the 70s, whilst the idea of social innovators within businesses pivoting their organisations to deliver social and commercial value has been around for more than a decade. So what have we learnt since then? How are businesses accelerating social innovation within and outside of their organisations? and why isn’t social innovation mainstream yet?’
Join us for our discussion with a panel of experts to explore these issues and the implications for business action.
- Filipe Alfaiate, Adjunct Associate Professor, Impact and Sustainability, Nova School of Business and Economics
- Abir Chowdhury, URC
- Alam Bains, Head Of Partnerships, MovingWorlds
- Amber Kiani, Head Of Partnerships, MovingWorlds
*Joana Castro e Costa, Executive Director Nova SBE Leadership, Impact Knowledge Center
- Chioma Izuwah, Business Fights Poverty Community Member
- Dejan Markovic, Head of Innovation, Youth Business International
- Flora von Michel, Business Fights Poverty Community Member
- João Maria Botelho, Researcher NOVA Business and Human Rights and Environment Researcher and Board Advisor, NOVA Green Lab
- Julie Ann Howlett, Business Fights Poverty Community Member
- Likam Kyanzaire, Head of Voice, EnabledYou.io
- Oyin Olufayo Global Youth Ambassador, Theirworld
- Sherif Muçalla, Researcher
- Shodigul Mamadyorbekova, Rural Development Advisor
- Teresiah Kaberia, Innovation and Special Programs, The Youth Cafe
- Tolu Seun, Business Fights Poverty Community Member
- Yaquta Fatehi, William Davidson Institute, University of Michigan
- Clara Medeiros, Member KidsforSDGs and Climate Science, Brazil & Learning Planet
- Lindsey Huahuamull, Ensena Peru, Generation Global & Learning Planet
- Vedant Kumar, Founder, Less Boring-Ify Trees & Learning Planet
Moderator: Business Fights Poverty
- How can businesses encourage and support social innovation and what are the benefits?
- What are some good examples of businesses that have implemented social innovation in their operations?
- How can we work better together to encourage and support social innovation in businesses?
This is a text-based discussion which remains open, so please do continue to share your insights.
How to add your comments
To post a comment, you will need to sign in / sign up to the Business Fights Poverty Discussion Forum:
If you are already a member of the Business Fights Poverty online community, click “Log In” at the top right of the page and then enter your details. If you have not logged into our new community platform, you will have to reset your password here
If you are not already a member of the Business Fights Poverty online community, you will need to sign up here . Once you have joined the community, you can return to this discussion page, click “Log In” at the top right of the page and then enter your details.